Wellbeing for suspension
Just as the oil in an engine needs to be replaced as part of a maintenance plan the oil in a damper should be exchanged because as with the engine oil it deals with extreme pressure, temperatures and friction.
With each stroke of travel, the smooth surfaces inside your suspension pick up microscopic particles of debris. Those particles are drawn into the oil and over time contaminate the interior passageways and valves. As the hours of use accumulate, so does the contamination. Your high-performance suspension will begin to lose its ability to generate damping forces.
To keep your suspension performing at the highest level, frequent servicing is necessary.
At Öhlins DTC close to the Nürburgring suspension is serviced to the manufacturer's desired quality level. In addition there is a network of official Öhlins Service Centers that offer service and repair to the same quality standards.
How does it work?
To have your suspension serviced by Öhlins Europe simply follow this procedure:
- After verifying our terms and conditions, submit the service order request form with all details needed.
- Your service order request is then received by our customer services department and a member of our team will contact you shortly after via email with an estimate for the work. Please note that you will also be sent a suggested time for sending us the dampers.
- Once a suitable time has been agreed, you then send us your dampers for service.
- The dampers are inspected by our technical team and then a final quotation submitted. In case of damaged or excessively worn parts, we will inform you of the additional charge and await further instructions before proceeding with the service.
- Upon receiving your final instruction, the dampers are serviced within the allocated time frame.
- As soon as the work is completed, you will receive the pro forma invoice by email.
- After receipt of payment, you will receive your product safely packaged back by post. Let us know if you would like a tracking number.
Servicing of products is in relation to exchanging seals and oil/gas only. All other items (for example: bushes, stickers) are treated as separate to the servicing work and must be requested as new at time of placing the service order. In case the product is heavily contaminated and needs to be cleaned to perform the service it will be cleaned in our ultra-sound cleaning device and a charge will be added to your assignment. The highly efficient ultra-sound cleaning can also be requested as an additional demand.
For technical inquiries or questions regarding Öhlins suspension service please contact our technical support team.