Service » Motorcycle
This is how it works...
To have your suspension serviced by Öhlins DTC simply follow this procedure:
- After verifying our terms and conditions, submit the service order request using the button below to access our on-line form. Please be sure to fill in all details and then use the butten “submit order“.
- Your service order request is then received by our customer services department and a member of our team will contact you shortly after via email with an estimate for the work. Please note that you will also be sent a suggested time for sending us the dampers.
- Once a suitable time has been agreed, you then send us your dampers for service.
- The dampers are inspected by our technical team and then a final quotation submitted. In case of damaged or excessively worn parts, we will inform you of the additional charge and await further instructions before proceeding with the service.
- Upon receiving your final instruction, the dampers are serviced within the allocated time frame.
- When ready, we will send back the dampers with an invoice included in the shipment.
Servicing of products is in relation to exchanging seals and oil/gas only. All other items (for example: bushes, stickers) are treated as separate to the servicing work and must be requested as new at time of placing the service order. In case the product is heavily contaminated and needs to be cleaned to perform the service it will be cleaned in our ultra-sound cleaning device and a charge will be added to your assignment. The highly efficient ultra-sound cleaning can also be requested as an additional demand.
Extended 6 years warranty for motorcycle products
Öhlins offers an extended warranty up to 6 years for motorcycle products that have been serviced regularly.
To receive 6 years warranty on your motorcycle product, you should have received a warranty card at time of purchase. To qualify, it is important to have the product serviced regulary to have the warranty card stamped as proof of service. The service periods are 25.000 km for shocks and 10.000 km for steringdampers and front forks but latest 24 month after purchase. Each service needs to be registered in the warranty card coming with the product.
Therefore, when sending in your motorcycle products for service please make sure to include this warranty card if you intend to benefit from the extended warranty cover. In case you did not receive such warranty card please let us know.
This is how it works...