STX 22 Air SBC 1749
The launch of Öhlins first air sprung shock STX 22 Air in 2015 received great deal of attention from the bike industry.
Analyzing the demands on an air sprung Enduro/trail shock led to the well proven STX concept. Thanks to the lower damping levels compared to a coil sprung DH shock, a less complex product could be developed with maintained high-performance functionality, offering ride efficiency without tampering with downhill control.
A large piston diameter balanced by a large compression valve ensures that internal pressures are kept under control, resulting in low hysteresis and excellent damping response. Low and high speed compression and rebound damping are externally adjustable.
The same type of adjusters as the TTX is used with an additional platform damping, a stability mode facilitating long climbs with maintained traction. In addition the STX 22 Air for Specialized bikes features an auto-sag functionality for a quick and easy setup of the correct sag.
- Usage for AM, Enduro
- Approx. 380 g
- Length 197 mm (7,756 inch)
- Stroke 47 mm (1,85 inch)
- Auto sag functionality
- Fits wheel size 27,5 (650b)
- Aluminium design, hard anodized
- Fully servicable and rebuildable
- 2 years limited warranty
- Spring rate (by air pressure)
- 3-click high speed compression damping
- 9-click low speed compression damping
- 6-click rebound damping
- Auto sag
Purchased parts package:
- Shock absorber STX 22 Air
- Model related parts for mounting
- Owners manual
Fits for Mountain bikes
Specialized Rhyme (2017)
- Owners Manual Öhlins STX 22 Air 2 English (2.013,6 KB)
- Product News Öhlins MTB Shock Absorber STX 22 Air English (1.077,0 KB)