Öhlins Racing AB develops and produces shock absorbers for motorcycles, cars and mountain bikes. The company is a market leader in advanced suspension technology for vehicles and has been established in this area for over 40 years. The main office is situated in Upplands Väsby, outside Stockholm, Sweden. (www.ohlins.com)
As a branch to Öhlins Racing AB, Öhlins Distribution & Test Center located near to the Nürburgring in Germany is responsible for providing distribution, sales and marketing, customer support and technical service to its customers in over 20 countries throughout central Europe (www.ohlins.eu).
ÖDTC is offering the opportunity for a highly self-motivated, skilled and passionate individual to join its team and become our ‘expert’ for MTB. Since ÖDTC entered the MTB market 3 years ago, the business has developed very quickly and now it is time to take it to the next level. Therefore, if you are experienced in this field, consider yourself a MTB aficionado and believe you have what it takes to lead the way in this exciting and fast moving business area, then please read on.
Product Manager MTB
The successful candidate will work in general as a business developer for Öhlins Distribution and Test Center covering all territories related to the business area mountain bike (MTB).
Business development is through a holistic approach of sales and marketing activities, technical support from within our facility and out in the field, which includes race and promotional events.
As Product Manager MTB, you will build a strong relationship and positive feeling about Öhlins with our service centres, dealers and riders. You will submit reports and advise Öhlins of marketing trends, product demands, potential new partners, customer service requirements, competitors’ strategies and new products. You will support the Area Sales Manager(s) in ensuring our business partners reach their sales targets, which includes regular contact with our partners and attending meetings at the partner’s business location. You will support the Customer Support, Aftersales and Warranty functions at Öhlins Distribution and Test Center (ÖDTC) in relation to product enquiries that are outside the scope of the staff’s knowledge in these areas. You will also ensure that our service partners and retailers are well educated with Öhlins products and have a professional representation of the brand, which includes providing training courses.
In this position, you report to the General Manager, but will have contact that is more regular on a daily basis to the Sales & Marketing Manager, Customer Support Manager and Workshop Manager.
Main responsibility, Actions & Duties:
- Advance all aspects of the Öhlins brand within Aftermarket MTB
- Work closely with existing service centres and dealers to ensure the success of Öhlins through continued business development and sales growth
- New service centre and dealer acquisition through active research
- Continued research of the market demand and trends
- Collaborate on and provide input towards company sales forecasts and pre-orders
- Communicate with other departments; information on competitors, pricing, market conditions,
Competitors’ strategies, new products, potential new partners
- Educate our partners and riders through seminars and events, including technical product trainings to service centres and dealers
- Attend promotional events, selected races and trade shows to obtain market feedback, assess trends, promote the Öhlins Brand and offer technical support
- Assist the Sales & Marketing department with inputting data on website MTB database
- Arrange and check translations of mounting instructions and owner’s manuals
- Mailing of product information and product news to ÖDTC’s customers
- Manage any potential warranty recalls between Öhlins Racing AB, ÖDTC, customers and government if needed
- Manage any new application/fitment requests between customer and the applications engineers
- Act as communication channel between the MTB department at Öhlins Racing AB and ÖDTC
The candidate should be fluent in German and English, plus hold a clean full time driving license. It is not a prerequisite for the candidate to be living in Germany and working from home office is preferred, with regular visits to ÖDTC in Meuspath Germany for meetings.
Apply or contact us for further information
We look forward to receiving your application, CV and relevant certificates via the following link: http://careers.ohlins.com